Download our Space 1 information leaflet
Our original sensory room, all soft padded on two levels connected by a slide and stairs with specialist lighting and sound themes controlled by ipads, led lighting, ball pool, water bed, swing, sound box, bubble tubes, UV lighting, cameras,textures, projection and a fibre optic hut with musical steps.
Hoisting is available in the under mezzanine area.
Charges – £40 an hour for groups with special needs. (single use £35)
- Theatre lighting to set the scene
- Advanced light/sound system which allows the user to select appropriate themes
- High quality sound system with three zones to enable different activities in different parts of the environment
- Data projectors to project DVDs and other images
- Cameras to allow clients to watch themselves through projection
- Slide and stairs for movement and fun
- Bubble tubes for relaxation, visual and tactile stimulation
- Ball pool for movement and body image
- NEW – Light and sound floor to stimulate reaction and memory
- workSolar 250 projectors for visual stimulation and theme work
- Fibre optics for visual and tactile stimulation
- Swing for vestibular stimulation
- Water bed for relaxation
- Fibre optic hut, a magical hideaway
- Wind machine, a different stimulus
- UV light and fluorescent materials for visual work
- Tactile walls
- Individual sensory boxes for specific sensory work
- Specialised switches for most of the above equipment to give control to the client
NEW to Space 1 – A 16 panel interactive light and sound floor.
Instantly responsive, the floor can be used by anyone of any ability to encourage developmental, memory cognitive and physical skills whilst having fun. Coloured panels light up and produce notes and sounds just by stepping, laying or rolling on them. A range of games with spectacular audio and visual effect encourage individual and co-operative interaction, each with different levels of difficulties.